...personal blog about my experiences of living, raising a family, and serving as a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ in Taiwan. Comments are always welcome.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Today It "Clicked"

For the past 2 months we have been in an internship assignment at a local Taiwanese Presbyterian church. It is not a new church, although the current pastor has only been at the church for 1 year. In the short time I have come to know him, I have admired his zeal, dedication, and love for the church. I am learning much about church ministry in Taiwan, as well as making strides in the comprehension and use of the Taiwanese language.

Pastor Li (center)

This morning's worship at the church was special for me. Pastor Li gave an impassioned plea for us to bring the "rifts", or brokenness in our lives to Jesus. When Jesus heals, His grace is made evident in our lives.

One thing that also touched me this morning was the way I was able to enter into the worship of God through the singing. The Chinese characters for the songs were displayed on the projection screen, and this morning the songs were easy to read and understand. Rather than being distracted in trying to figure out what we were singing, I found myself able to connect deeply with the meaning of the worship songs and give my spirit fully to worshiping God in the congregation. That hasn't happened that often since leaving Village Green Church in London, Ontario. I thank God that it happened this morning, and pray that it will happen more frequently as I go deeper into the language and church culture of Taiwan.

1 comment:

Sister C said...

Great that you felt the worship connection. We are still praying for you. Blessings and beauty to you.