...personal blog about my experiences of living, raising a family, and serving as a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ in Taiwan. Comments are always welcome.

Friday, September 4, 2009

2 Songs

About 5 years ago I went through a deep clinical depression. It lasted about 9 months. God brought miraculous healing, but that's another story.

During my depression I lost all interest in the things I had typically taken pleasure in. I have always listened to music, but during my depression I found that I lost all interest in listening to music. I did however come across two songs that really connected with me during those dark days. One was "Everybody" by Stabilio. I caught it one day while listening to the radio. It was my introduction to the music of Stabilio, and I have been a fan ever since.

The second was "For You" by the Barenaked Ladies. I also heard this song on the radio while driving to the London airport one night. Both songs connected with me in where I was at at the moment. If these songs connect with you, in whatever you are going through, I pray that they would be an encouragement to you.

2 comments:

MJ Klein said...

Rob, i also went through a difficult time with depression, which lasted about 4 years. turns out i was being poisoned by artificial sweeteners. i wrote about my experience: http://www.thenhbushman.com/2007/12/05/my-experience-with-artificial-sweeteners/ glad you're not suffering anymore!

MJ Klein said...

i mean, Rod. sorry for the typo.