...personal blog about my experiences of living, raising a family, and serving as a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ in Taiwan. Comments are always welcome.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Songs I've Written & Recorded - Provided For Me

Years ago (1990 to be exact) I recorded a tape (yes it was cassette tapes back then) of many of the songs I had written over the previous years. The name of my album was "Provided For Me", which was also the title track. Click a listen to the song here, "Provided For Me". I'll let the words speak for themselves. I think the song was written in May 1983, just after finishing second semester at Winnipeg Bible College (now Providence), and I had recently moved back to my parents' home for the summer. I remember it was one of the first really beautiful days of Spring that year.

I will probably post more songs from that album in the coming weeks. If you would like a copy of the full album (11 higher quality mp3 files, or a CD quality disc), let me know. I am not charging a price, but being a missionary, I will take donations. Cheques can be made payable to "Rod Seib". (I'm serious, I'm not joking. I put a lot of time into writing, recording, and now digitizing the songs).

NOTE: A few more words about the recording itself: The songs were recorded on a Fostex 4 track recorder, which allowed me to multi-track, blend harmonies, add a lead guitar part in addition to the rhythm, etc. The songs were recorded in a basement room in my parent's farmhouse. The bottom halves of empty egg shell containers were taped over the walls to give an acoustically "dead" recording studio feel to it. The artist's performance is not perfect. I sing off key in a couple of places, and hit a sour note or two on the guitar, but hey, it's pretty darn good given what I had to work with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Rod, I recognize this song from a hand lettered tape you gave us long ago. We still have the tape, and the tape player to go with it! I can highly recommend the album, we must have listened to ours hundreds of times, and still enjoy it.

Sweet Lily said...

Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Every moment, thank God.