...personal blog about my experiences of living, raising a family, and serving as a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ in Taiwan. Comments are always welcome.

Friday, December 11, 2009

H1N1 - Seib Saga Update

Well, yesterday our son tested positive for H1N1, and this morning my wife did. So that's 3 of 5 in the family with it confirmed. I suspect I have had it, but tested negative both times I had the test this week. I do however have bronchitis now, a secondary infection from the flu, so I'm on antibiotics for that. It is surprising that our daughter with Down Syndrome, who supposedly has a weaker immune system, so far has not developed any flu symptoms. We pray for God's continued protection over her health.

How kind the Lord is! How good he is!
So merciful, this God of ours!
The Lord protects those of childlike faith;
I was facing death, and he saved me.
Let my soul be at rest again,
for the Lord has been good to me.

-Psalm 116:5-7

So, at this point, our youngest daughter can return to school on Monday, our son next Tuesday, and my wife on Wednesday. It's been a tough week, but it's encouraging to see everything progress and run its course. It'll be so nice to get back into some "healthy routine" when this is all over.