...personal blog about my experiences of living, raising a family, and serving as a messenger of the good news of Jesus Christ in Taiwan. Comments are always welcome.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

What's The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Eaten?

Missionaries love to tell stories about the strange food they come across (and sometimes are obliged to eat). I've been invited out by the Taiwanese to numerous restaurants and meals in homes. Here are just some of the more strange things I've eaten:
  • Turtle
  • Squid (okay, maybe this one's not so strange)
  • Snake
  • Pig & cow stomach (tripe)
  • Pig's brain
  • Rooster testicle (in soup)
  • Stinky Tofu (fermented tofu deep-fried in rancid hot fat)
I have yet to try Bull Penis. Just watch the video, is all I can say.

If you live in Taiwan (or even if you don't), what are some of the "memorable things" you've had the pleasure to digest?

1 comment:

Scott said...

I actually don't even want to know what I'm eating sometimes... at least not until after it is already down.

One of the more strange things... although not really gross was a plate full of cold chicken tendons... I just couldn't see the point.